Our Kindergarten classes are recognized for “excellence in academics” with our graduates excelling in their first grade endeavor. Our bright, attractive room setting offers a friendly greeting upon entering and is large enough to accommodate 15 accepted students. Please contact us for more information about our Kindergarten program, curriculum, or to schedule a visit.
Note the DLC Kindergarten statistics following:
- Half-day session with small class size
- More individualized instruction and more opportunities for participation
- Varied academic approach—verbal, visual, and tactile
- Workshops in language, math, science, writing, art, computer, and library
- Top-quality, high-end academic instructional materials and manipulatives
- Purchased textbooks and support curriculum materials written after extensive research and testing by highly-qualified educators in each academic field, using proven traditional approaches plus some contemporary influences
- Phonetic approach to reading, language and creative student writing
- Mathematic challenges, including geometric and algebraic concepts
- Scheduled formal music classes with music teacher weekly and scheduled formal P.E. classes weekly
- All materials have attractive and interesting graphics appealing to 5- and 6-year old students
- Extensive student evaluations issued 4 times per year with a 4-point grading system plus 1 scheduled parent-teacher conference.
- Two “extended” classes: Motor Skills Class & WOW-World of Wonder. These classes are offered on Wednesday and Thursday from 12:00-1:30 p.m. You can find more information about these programs under “Programs”.
- Session: 8:30 – 1:00 p.m. Monday – Friday