** RESUMING FALL 2019 **
Our Kindergarten classes are recognized for “excellence in academics” with our graduates excelling in their first grade endeavor. Our bright, attractive room setting offers a friendly greeting upon entering and is large enough to accommodate 15 accepted students. Please contact us for more information about our Kindergarten program, curriculum, or to schedule a visit.
Note the DLC Kindergarten statistics following:
1. Half-day session with small class size (15 students max).
2. More individualized instruction and more opportunities for participation (because of small class size).
3. Varied academic approach – verbal, visual, and tactile.
4. Workshops in language, math, science, writing, art, computer, and library.
5. Top-quality, high-end academic instructional materials and manipulatives.
6. A collaboration of materials from leading educational publishers and other content providers that use a combination of traditional and contemporary approaches.
7. Phonetic approach to reading, language and creative student writing.
8. Mathematic challenges, including geometric and algebraic concepts.
9. Weekly Spanish class taught by degreed Spanish teacher.
10. Weekly formal music class with our degreed music teacher.
11. Scheduled weekly formal P.E. class.
12. Weekly S.T.E.M. activities that provide hands on learning with exciting projects that increase curiosity and make learning fun all while building problem solving skills and confidence.
13. Extensive student evaluations issued 4 times per year with 4-point grading system plus one scheduled parent-teacher conferences.
- Session: 8:30 – 1:00 p.m. Monday – Friday